Disclaimer:  I do not own Digimon or I’d be earning a heck of a lot of money right now.  I do however, have a mug just like TK’s in the fic



This fic probably shouldn’t be a PG, but it does contain the mention of TAITO YAOI, even though it does not exist as such in the fic.  Just thought I’d mention that.  I know how sensitive some of you can be…



A Little Knowledge



    Matt took a deep breath and then sighed it out again.  This was going to be tough.  He looked though to the kitchen area in his mother’s apartment, where his little brother was busying himself with a kettle full of water.  He was about to put it on to boil when Matt said,

    “TK?  Can I talk to you for a second?”  He leaned against the door frame.

    “Sure.  What is it?”  TK turned around momentarily and then turned back to the kettle.

    “I just…I have something to say.”  He paused.

    Matt could hear the grin on his brother’s face, although he couldn’t see it.

    “So…get on with it already…”  Matt scowled a little and walked up to the counter.

    “No, seriously TK, listen to me for a minute.”  He leapt up onto the kitchen counter and sat, ruefully looking at his brother.  He waved his hands at where TK was working on a tub of hot chocolate.

    “Stop…stop with the cocoa, okay?”  TK looked up, his expression now tinged a little with worry.

    “Sounds serious.”  He stated.  He continued to look at his big brother for a few moments more; then tuned his attention back to the hot chocolate and began scooping some into a large mug.

    Matt gently took the teaspoon out of TK’s hand and put it firmly on top of the counter.

    “Okay, now I know it’s serious.”  TK looked even more concerned.  Matt sensed the conclusion jump into his head.

    “You’re not sick, are you?” he asked, his worried expression deepening still further.

    “No, of course not.  Don’t be an idiot.”  Matt scoffed gently.  He looked down.

    It had all seemed like such a good idea when Tai had suggested telling their loved ones about how they felt towards each other.  Of course he hadn’t realized how difficult it was going to be.

    What would TK say?  What would he think?  Would he ever be able to look his big brother in the eye again?  Would he…  Could he hate him?

    Matt had to tell him, he knew that.  But he just couldn’t count on his reaction.  Sometimes he felt he knew TK like the back of his hand- and then TK would just turn around and surprise him again.

    Matt took another deep breath.

    Meanwhile, the kettle boiled.

    They paused, TK waiting for Matt to tell him what he wanted to say.

    “TK?”

    “Hmm?”

    “You know…you know how me and Tai are really good friends?”

    “Uh-huh?”

    TK took the kettle from its electric plate.

    “Well…it’s more than that.”

    The boiling water splashed down into the mug, coating the powdered chocolate and burying it.

    “Tai is…  Well, actually, he’s…  Tai’s my boyfriend.”

    Matt braced himself.

    The spoon swirled the tiny beads of chocolate around in the water and they gradually dissolved into the wet depths of the mug.

    TK looked up at Matt’s concerned expression and smiled a knowing grin.

    “I know.”

    Matt paused again, not quite believing his ears.

    “But…you know what that means?  That…that I’m gay?”

    “Mmmm-hm.”  TK looked back at the hot chocolate and continued to stir.

    Matt’s brow furrowed.  He asked, with a hint of anger,

   “Well, how did you know?”

    TK grinned and gazed fondly up at his brother, with an ‘I know you’re an idiot, but I love you anyway’ expression.

    “You and Tai aren’t exactly discreet, big brother.”

    Matt felt his cheeks burn hot.

    “We’re not?”

    “Uh-uh.”  TK shook his head.  He scattered a few marshmallows onto the hot cocoa.

    “Well, how long have you known for?”  Matt asked.  TK shrugged.

    “Ages.”

    “And you’re okay about this?”  Matt still couldn’t quite believe what he had heard.  TK shrugged again.

    “Sure.”  He scattered in some more marshmallows for good measure.

    “You’re sure you’re sure?”  Matt pushed.  TK turned to him.

    “Sure I’m sure I’m sure.  You’re my big brother.”  TK tilted his head to one side.  “Whatever makes you happy, makes me happy.  I don’t care if you’re gay or not, it doesn’t change who you are to me.”  TK busied himself a little too hard around the half empty packet of marshmallows as he put them back in the cabinet.

    “Now are you going to get off the kitchen counter before Mom sees you, or what?”

    Matt did as was suggested.  He stood for a moment, just gazing at his profound sibling.  TK came back to pick up the mug.

    Suddenly, without warning, Matt moved forwards and hugged his little brother.

    “Thanks, TK.”

    TK desperately tried to hold the hot chocolate away from Matt, attempting to keep from spilling it on himself or his brother.

    “Watch the- Matt!  Watch the cocoa!”

    Matt squeezed once more and then let go, a smile on his face.

    “Sorry.”

    TK shook his head and wiped a trail of hot chocolate from the side of the mug.  He looked at his brother from beneath his mock-scowl.

    “Did I offer you one?” he asked, momentarily proffering the mug.

    “No.”  Matt replied, hands on his hips.

    “You want one?”  TK asked, proffering the mug again.

    Matt grinned again.

    “Yeah.  Sure.”  He replied.



~fini~