Attack of the File Cabinet

Adventure While Working Chapter 2

 

            I walked into work at the credit union one fair day, to my temporary job that I picked up through my mom, and when I went to get started, I found sitting at my computer a Post-It monster. It was huge and made out of not only Post-Its but also pens. It smiled, well if a Post-It monster can smile, and lunged at me. I screamed and when no one came to my rescue, I started pulling Post-Its off the monster and writing notes on them with pens. When the monster was small enough I laughed at it and it ran away crying.

            I smiled to my self, happy that I had defeated the mother; I had been fighting off smaller ones all week. But then I realized that Post-Its aren't a-sexual, which means there was a father. I decided I'd worry about that when I ran into the father.

            I began working, getting folders, typing in numbers, and then sorting and putting back the folders. It gets rather boring after a while, so I decided to start email a friend of mine. I told her about the Post-It monsters and she just laughed, and then complained about the phone attacking her. I told her I'd get over there later in the week to diffuse that problem.

            I decided it was too quiet, so I started to blare some music, when all of a sudden a giant music note came out of the speaker and started stalking me. "Why are you following me?" I questioned it.

            The music note sang in response, "Because you were *trying* to sing, and I felt that you needed to know that you really need to warm up before you sing."

            "I know."

            Then POOF it was gone. "That was rude... and weird."

            I began working again, and when I went to go get more folders, the file cabinet began to attack me. It stood up and boomed, "What do you want with me? You come over here every five minutes, and take some of my insides, then put them back missing parts, Why?"

             "Because it's my job..." I smiled silkily.

            "Well STOP!"

            "NEVER!!!!!!"

            At this point the file cabinet started throughing folders at me, "You want the folders, well then take them!"

            "ATTACK OF THE FILE CABNET!!!!!!!!!"

            A few people crowed around the file room, laughed and then went back to work. I stood there, waiting for the cabinet to run out of folders, and when it did I said, "Do you know how long it's going to take to organize them again?" Then I started throwing the folders back at it. The cabinet started shrieking in pain and then shriveled back down to its normal size. "If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen...or something like that..."