True Love

Adventure While Working Chpt. 3

By: Hanson Phreek

 

 

 

It was a cold fall day in the middle of October. The trees were losing their leaves, there was love in the air, and the wind blew around the carts in front of the new local Shoppers Food Warehouse. Liz chased after one such cart as it floated across the parking lot in a collision course with the black P.T. Cruiser with purple flames that Liz loved so very, very much. She stopped it just before they touched.

The Cruiser let out a sigh of relief and Liz gave it a questioning look. “Did you just sigh?” The Cruiser did nothing. It couldn’t let out it’s secret. Liz shrugged and took the cart back to the cart corral and sat on one of the bars there.

“Why’d you stop me?”

“What?” Liz was scared; she glanced around, trying to find the source of the voice. But there was no one to be found.

“Why’d you stop me from hitting that car?”

“Excuse me? Who are you?”

The cart rolled forward and glared at Liz, yes carts can glare (if you don’t believe me, next time you go shopping take some time and give your cart a good look).”Why’d you stop me from hitting that car.”

“Cause I love it.”

“Then why don’t you marry it?”

“I think I just might.”

Liz walked over to the Cruiser and the wind messed with her hair. “Stop it!” she yelled in the direction the wind came from and it stopped. Liz smiled and fixed her hair. She reached the Cruiser and kneeled in front of it. “Will you marry me?”

The Cruiser smiled, “Yes.”

A minister and a court official suddenly appeared. The first to perform the ceremony and the second to do the paper work. The ceremony was over as fast as it began and Liz found herself signing the papers to make it official. Liz stood with her new husb…wif…spouse. She still wasn’t sure if the Cruiser was a guy or a girl. Liz gazed at the Cruiser happily and didn’t notice the half-naked tree slowly creep up behind her.

“So, you’re the slut that married my man?”

“I ain’t no slut. And the Cruiser’s mine.”

“No he’s mine.” The tree smacked Liz.

“How rude.” Tears welled up in her eyes as she put a hand on her cheek.

“I’m not yours, I’m Liz’s. Now go away.” The Cruiser said coldly to the tree.

“Fine, but you have no idea what you’re missing out on,”

“Whatever,” the Cruiser stood next to Liz, protectively. The tree sulked away.

“I love you, Cruiser.”

“I love you, Liz.”