Title: Eternity

Author: BSB Phreek

Feedback: My drug of choice

Pairing: Mentions Harry/Draco, Harry/?

Word Count: 403

Rating: R for mentions of suicide

Genre: angst, deathfic

Summary: Someone reflects on his relationship with Harry

Notes: Written back in 2002. My favourite fic I’ve ever written. So, who do you think it is?

Spoilers: nope

Warnings: character death

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling pwns all.

 

I'm not sure what to do about you anymore. I love you, you don't know that but still I can tell that you're on to me. I've told you, I've showed you I've done all I can. God Harry what else can I do? Just because you're the Famous Boy-Who-Lived doesn't mean you can play with people’s hearts like this. Forget about being the Boy-Who-Lived you're the Boy-Who-Crushed-My-Soul. I see you with Draco, the way you look at him, if only you would look at me like that, I'd be the happiest person on the face of the earth. Why Harry? Why do you do this to me? When you're too lazy to walk down to the Slytherin dorms to shag Draco, you come to me. Don't deny that you don't like it; you have to because you keep coming back. What you don't know is that I'm head over heels in love with you and you insist on tearing me apart. One of these days I'm going to say no and send you back to your bed... yah right that's what I keep telling myself but I know it will never happen.

We're different; I know that, you don't have to keep reminding me every single time you leave my bed. You're famous and I'm a nobody at least that's what you keep telling me. Last night I made the worst mistake ever. I told you I loved you. You immediately assured me I was nothing but your slut, or toy as you called me. Do you have no compassion? When I tried to touch you after my unwelcome declaration of love slipped out you acted as if my touch was poison. You informed me you would never come back to my bed and I was never to touch or speak to you again. Why didn't you just kill me? It would have been less painful for me. And death is why I'm here. The knife in my hand belongs to you. A gift from your precious Draco. The ornate silver dragon on the hilt flashing slightly in the moonlight, I thought it was beautiful the first time you showed it to me and I knew it was special to you. That's why I'm using it. "Good-bye Harry my love I should have known you would never love a squib like me," I whisper as I plunge the knife deep into my heart...