George

By: Hanson Phreek

Author’s Note: I’ve decided to not write a sex scene this time. I just can’t bring myself to do it. I’m sorry. Although if one of you readers want to, feel free.

Disclaimer: I do not own Lord of the Rings or any of the characters therein.

Warning: This is slash…so yeah…

 

Aragorn sat pensively on the floor of the room he’d been given in Rivendell. Legolas quietly entered the room, standing near the wall behind Aragorn, not sure what to say.

“What do you want, Legolas?” Aragorn sighed; he’d only just gotten rid of Elrond and wanted some alone time.

Legolas half smiled at the back of Aragorn’s head, “You heard me?”

“No, I had a feeling you were going to show up.”

“When we were in need Elrond’s council, my people of course sent me.”

“You had no idea I’d be here?”

“I couldn’t have said no.”

“Yes you could have.”

Legolas frowned; Aragorn was making this really hard. Harder than it already was. Legolas was just trying to have a peaceful conversation without the past coming back to haunt him, but that wasn’t working. Legolas knew that the only way to get Aragorn to talk would be to try to solve that past. “Aragorn, I’m sorry. But you know my people would never accept us. They’d banish me forever...”

“You could travel with me.”

Legolas stepped further into the room and placed a hand on Aragorn’s shoulder. “We’ve been through this before. I don’t want to spend the rest of my time here traveling.”

Aragorn stood gracefully, “Then maybe we aren’t meant to be.”

“You don’t mean that.”

Aragorn took a step back and shrugged, “Maybe I do.”

Legolas frowned again. “Aragorn...” he said softly.

Aragorn turned his back to Legolas, “Goodbye.”

“Don’t do this.”

“Why not?”

Legolas sighed, “Because I love you.”

Aragorn turned around, “What?”

“You heard me.” Legolas turned and left, leaving Aragorn standing in the middle of his room gaping into silence.

 

~~@^~~ Scene change to a hallway deeper inside Rivendell. ~~@^~~

 

Legolas smiled as he walked down the hallway. He was thinking about his past with Aragorn. He replayed all the happy times in his mind and wished things could go back to the way they were. But he knew that there was only one way that would happen. He needed Aragorn to forgive him, which would be hard.

A shy elf approached Legolas.

“May I help you?” Legolas smiled, wondering why the boy was studying his shoes so intently.

“El...Elrond requests your presence in the courtyard for council,” He stammered, glancing at Legolas.

“Alright. Tell him I shall be there momentarily.”

The elf nodded and ran off. Legolas sighed and started to make his way to the courtyard. He would figure things out later.

~~@^~~ Later ~~@^~~

 

            The plan was to leave the next morning. The fellowship had formed and Aragorn was not happy about Legolas volunteering to go. He’d hoped to get away from him, but had no such luck.

            Legolas paced around his room, trying to figure out how to get Aragorn to forgive him. All he wanted was for Aragorn to want him. He suddenly stopped; he knew what he had to do. He had to tell his people. Legolas raced off to find his traveling companions before they left.

            Aragorn sat by himself in the courtyard. He heard people approaching, and picked out one voice, Legolas. He tried not to listen, but couldn’t help it.

            “I must tell you something. Come this way please.” Legolas moved them within definite hearing range of Aragorn. He had to make sure Aragorn heard him do this.

            “Why do you have to drag us all the way out here to tell us something?”

            “It just seems like the perfect place to do it.” Legolas shrugged.

            The other Mirkwood elves gave him a questioning look but obliged, following him to the edge of the courtyard opposite Aragorn, who watched as they all looked expectantly at Legolas, waiting to hear the news.

            Legolas looked each one in the eye shortly, “I need to send a message to Mirkwood through you,” the others nodded and Legolas continued, “You must tell everyone that I am in love.”

            “Well, that is great news. Who’s the lucky elf?” One elf asked.

            “It’s not an elf.”

            “Oh...then who is it?” Another inquired.

            Legolas sighed nervously. Aragorn listened intently knowing what was to come, and he smiled.

            “Aragorn son of Arathorn.”

            “What?!?!”

            Legolas looked down. “You heard. Now leave me. I know what this means, so just leave.”

            The Mirkwood elves looked at him for what seemed like an eternity to both Legolas and Aragorn, then slowly they turned to leave. “I’m sorry. You had such promise...” One mumbled as they left.

            Aragorn stood and quietly made his way over to Legolas, who stood silent with his head bowed. When he got close enough, Aragorn slipped his arms around Legolas’ waist and kissed his neck. “What you did there was amazing.”

            “It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, but it was well worth it.” Legolas smiled as he turned in Aragorn’s arms. He gazed into the man’s eyes and they leaned in and kissed.